Biodiversity is the diversity and variety of life. A permanent source of creativity, many of us see it as a distant topic from our economic and social activities. However, most of these activities, and our common welfare depend at one level or another on the components of biodiversity. These activities also have an impact, positive or negative, on biodiversity.
For a brief introduction on the dependence of human well-being and activities on biodiversity, you can watch 2″40 this movie by the Vancouver Film School. To go further, you can read articles related to this theme.
Biodiversity from roberta ramalho on Vimeo.
At the practical level, structured approaches for taking into account biodiversity in business are gradually being implemented at national and international level. Our added value is to integrate biodiversity with other aspects of social responsibility (such as ethics, sustainability, quality) in a global approach. The concept of traditional knowledge plays an important part in the ethical and legal aspects of biodiversity.
Involved for several years on this theme, we offer several types of services, depending on your needs:
- Biodiversity Diagnostic and Ecosystems Review Assessment (ESR) at business and local level, in relationship with Institut Inspire.
- Dissemination and capacity building on biodiversity, related traditional knowledge, as well as ethical and legal aspects of their use.
- Supply chain management for a “natural retuning” through collective intelligence, bringing global quality and value (for the product, the local ecosystems and the community).
Our references on biodiversity:
- Cosmébio (capacity building)
- Collaborations : Inspire Institut
- Cosmetic Companies: 66°30, Cosmo Ingredients (a subsidiary of IFF)
- Food companies: Façon Chocolat
- Civil society organisations: International Analog Forestry Network